The matching funds provided by the Heritage Classic Foundation, a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization, are generated by the proceeds of operating the RBC Heritage Presented by Boeing, South Carolina’s only PGA TOUR golf tournament. Since it was founded as a 501 (c)(3) in 1987, the Foundation has donated $47.5 million to people in need.
Birdies For Charity
February 1 - April 17, 2022
Birdies for Charity is a fast, easy and fun way to donate to your favorite nonprofit organization. 100% of your donation goes directly to the charity of your choice. Heritage Classic Foundation will contribute an extra 15% on top of your donation. In 2020, the Heritage Classic Foundation distributed $70,000 to local nonprofits thanks to the Birdies for Charity Program, pushing the total to $6.43 million since 2000. It’s one golf tournament where everybody wins!
- 1 cent pledge = $13.00 total pledge
- 3 cent pledge = $39.00 total pledge
- 10 cent pledge = $130.00 total pledge
- $1.00 pledge = $1,300 total pledge
Participants make a pledge for every birdie made at the RBC Heritage presented by Boeing. In 2019, the pros made 1,354 birdies during the tournament. If 1,300 birdies are made during the 2022 event, here are the totals for some typical pledges amounts:
The minimum birdie pledge is $.01 and the maximum pledge is $1.00. Donors can also make a flat donation not tied to birdies. For flat donations, the minimum is $25 and the maximum is $1,500.
Donors can pay in advance or to be billed after the tournament. All pledges must be made online before the last day of our tournament and must be made payable and returned to the Heritage Classic Foundation no later than May 31st. Money received after that date will be sent to the charity but will not be matched.
Heritage Champions Fore Charity
February 1 - December 1, 2022
The Heritage Champions Fore Charity program is a philanthropic initiative designed to grow the Heritage Classic Foundation’s charitable impact throughout the region. The goal of this exclusive program is to increase year-round support to the nonprofit organizations in our communities. The minimum contribution to a designated charity is $1,000. 100% of your donation goes directly to the charity of your choice. Heritage Classic Foundation will contribute an extra 15% on top of your donation. Heritage Champions Fore Charity has produced more than $14.76 million for participating nonprofit groups since 2013.
An incredible way to show your support! Designate a registered charity to receive your tax-deductible donation.
Donations are accepted year-round. Match donations are distributed twice a year. All donations received after December 1st will be credited to the following year.
Families, businesses or other entities may make contributions in excess of $10,000 however, the HCF will only match up to $10,000.
What is the Heritage Champions Fore Charity program?
Heritage Champions Fore Charity is an exciting initiative of the Heritage Classic Foundation (HCF) to favorably impact the charitable giving associated with the RBC Heritage Presented by Boeing. Its goal is to increase the HCF’s year-round impact in our communities throughout the state of South Carolina.
Who can participate?
Individuals or companies may participate by making a direct contribution to the Heritage Classic Foundation (HCF) in the minimum amount of $1,000. The HCF reserves the right to review and reject donations for any reason. The matching money for this program is derived from the proceeds of the RBC Heritage Presented by Boeing golf tournament and from unrestricted donations to the HCF. The HCF reserves the right to discontinue the match at any time.
What is considered a registered charity?
See below for a list of registered charities.
Why should I participate in this program?
The Heritage Classic Foundation (HCF) will enhance donations with a match to the registered charity of your choice (see below). The program was designed for those who through their charitable contribution wish to make a significant impact. Participation in this program does not preclude involvement in the Birdies for Charity program, which occurs in the months preceding the RBC Heritage Presented by Boeing.
What if a charity that I am interested in supporting is not on the list?
If the charity of your choice is not listed on our webpage, it will be subject to approval by the HCF. Please contact Tom Wilkinson at the HCF to inquire about adding charities to the list.
Can I donate directly to the Heritage Classic Foundation?
Yes, the Heritage Classic Foundation (HCF) is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. Unrestricted donations made directly to the HCF will be used to assist in expanding our charitable outreach.
Is there a limit on how much I can contribute?
There is no limit on your donation amount but only the first $10,000 will receive the match per charity. The gift must be a donation. Any goods and services received by the donor from their designated charity because of their donation is prohibited. The matching money for this program is derived from the proceeds of the RBC Heritage Presented by Boeing golf tournament. The HCF reserves the right to discontinue the match at any time.
Can I apportion my donation to different charities?
Participants may designate a registered charity to receive the donation with a maximum of two charities for each $1,000 donation. For example, Charity A may receive $900 and Charity B may receive $100.
Is there a specific open period for accepting donations and distributing them to the designated charities?
Donations for this program will be accepted year round. Donations must be postmarked by December 1st to be credited to the current year. All donations received after December 1st will be credited to the following year. All donations will be sent to your specified charity within 30 days of receipt of the donation. The matching money for this program is derived from the proceeds of the golf tournament and from the generosity of donors who make unrestricted donations directly to the HCF. The HCF reserves the right to discontinue the match at any time.
Registered Charity List
These registered charities raise money for their organizations using Heritage Classic Foundation matching programs.
- ABLE Foundation
- Aiken Jr. Sports Foundation
- All Saints Preschool
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention - S.C. Chapter
- Arrhythmia Alliance
- Art League of Hilton Head
- Arts Center of Coastal Carolina
- Backpack Buddies of Hilton Head/ Hunger Coalition
- Bluffton Community Soup Kitchen
- Bluffton/Jasper County Volunteers in Medicine
- Bluffton Self Help
- Boys & Girls Club of Bluffton
- Boys & Girls Club of Hilton Head Island
- Boys & Girls Club of Northern Beaufort County
- Boys & Girls Clubs of the Lowcountry
- Caring Neighbors Inc.
- The Centers at Palm Key
- Charleston Animal Society
- Child Abuse Prevention Association
- The Children's Center
- The Children's Relief Fund
- Christ Lutheran Preschool
- Coastal Discovery Museum
- Columbus H.O.P.E. Foundation
- The Deep Well Project
- Family Honor
- Family Promise of Beaufort County Inc
- FCA-Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- First Presbyterian Day School
- The First Tee of Aiken
- The First Tee of Greater Charleston
- The First Tee of the Lowcountry
- Friends of the Hilton Head Library
- Girl Scouts of Eastern South Carolina
- Harvest Hope Food Bank
- HELP of Beaufort
- Heritage Library Foundation
- Heroes of the Lowcountry
- Hilton Head Choral Society
- Hilton Head Dance Theatre
- Hilton Head Heroes
- Hilton Head Hospital Auxiliary
- Hilton Head Humane Association
- HHI High School Booster Club
- Hilton Head Island Safe Harbour
- Hilton Head Regional Habitat for Humanity
- Hilton Head Symphony Orchestra
- Hopeful Horizons
- Hospice Care of the Lowcountry
- John Paul 2 Booster Club
- The Junior Jazz Foundation
- Lean Ensemble Theater
- The Literacy Center
- Lowcountry Crusaders
- Lowcountry Food Bank
- Lowcountry Legal Volunteers
- Main Stage Community Theatre
- Meals On Wheels
- Memory Matters
- Mental Health America of Beaufort/Jasper
- Mitchelville Preservation Project
- NAMI Lowcountry
- Neighborhood Outreach Connection
- Operation Patriots FOB
- Operation R & R
- Osprey Village
- Palmetto Animal League
- Palmetto Rowing Club
- Pan-African Family Empowerment
- Pendleton Place
- People for Parks
- Pockets Full of Sunshine
- Port Royal Sound Foundation
- Pregnancy Center
- Programs for Exceptional People
- Radiance Women's Center
- Sandalwood Community Food Pantry
- The Sandbox Children's Museum
- Santa Elena Project Foundation
- Sea Pines Forest Preserve
- Second Helpings
- South Carolina Junior Golf Foundation
- SC School for the Deaf and Blind Foundation
- Technical College of the Lowcountry
- Vantage Point Foundation
- Volunteers in Medicine Clinic Hilton Head Island
- Women's SC Jr Golf Foundation
- World Affairs Council of Hilton Head Island
- Young Life Hilton Head/Bluffton