Birdies For Charity
January 1 - April 19, 2020
Birdies for Charity is a fast, easy and fun way to donate to you favorite nonprofit organization. 100% of your donation goes directly to your the charity of your choice. Heritage Classic Foundation will contribute an extra 15% on top of your donation. In 2019, the Heritage Classic Foundation distributed $250,000 to location nonprofits thanks to the Birdies for Charity Program, pushing the total to $6.15 million since 2000. It’s one golf tournament where everybody wins!
- 1 cent pledge = $13.00 total pledge
- 3 cent pledge = $39.00 total pledge
- 10 cent pledge = $130.00 total pledge
- $1.00 pledge = $1,300 total pledge
Participants make a pledge for every birdie made at the RBC Heritage presented by Boeing. In 2019, the pros made 1,354 birdies during the tournament. If 1,300 birdies are made during the 2020 event, here are the totals for some typical pledges amounts:
The minimum birdie pledge is $.01 and the maximum pledge is $1.00. Donors can also make a flat donation not tied to birdies. For flat donations, the minimum is $25 and the maximum is $1,500.
Donors can pay in advance or to be billed after the tournament. All pledges must be made online before the last day of our tournament and must be made payable and returned to the Heritage Classic Foundation no later than May 31st. Money received after that date will be sent to the charity but will not be matched.
Heritage Champions Fore Charity
January 1 - December 1, 2020
The Heritage Champions Fore Charity program is a philanthropic initiative designed to grow the Heritage Classic Foundation’s charitable impact throughout the region. The goal of this exclusive program is to increase year-round support to the nonprofit organizations in our communities. The minimum contribution to a designated charity is $1,000. Heritage Champions Fore Charity has produced more than $12.87 million for participating nonprofit groups since 2013.
An incredible way to show your support! Designate a registered charity to receive your tax-deductible donation.
Donations are accepted and matched year-round from January 1st to December 1st. All donations received after December 1st will be credited to the following year.
Families, businesses or other entities may make contributions in excess of $10,000 however, the HCF will only match up to $10,000.
What is the Heritage Champions Fore Charity program?
Heritage Champions Fore Charity is an exciting initiative of the Heritage Classic Foundation (HCF) to favorably impact the charitable giving associated with the RBC Heritage Presented by Boeing. Its goal is to increase the HCF’s year-round impact in our communities throughout the state of South Carolina.
Who can participate?
Individuals or companies may participate by making a direct contribution to the Heritage Classic Foundation (HCF) in the minimum amount of $1,000. The HCF reserves the right to review and reject donations for any reason. The matching money for this program is derived from the proceeds of the RBC Heritage Presented by Boeing golf tournament and from unrestricted donations to the HCF. The HCF reserves the right to discontinue the match at any time.
What is considered a registered charity?
See below for a list of registered charities.
Why should I participate in this program?
The Heritage Classic Foundation (HCF) will enhance donations with a match to the registered charity of your choice (see below). The program was designed for those who through their charitable contribution wish to make a significant impact. Participation in this program does not preclude involvement in the Birdies for Charity program, which occurs in the months preceding the RBC Heritage Presented by Boeing.
What if a charity that I am interested in supporting is not on the list?
If the charity of your choice is not listed on our webpage, it will be subject to approval by the HCF. Please contact Tom Wilkinson at the HCF to inquire about adding charities to the list.
Can I donate directly to the Heritage Classic Foundation?
Yes, the Heritage Classic Foundation (HCF) is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. Unrestricted donations made directly to the HCF will be used to assist in expanding our charitable outreach.
Is there a limit on how much I can contribute?
There is no limit on your donation amount but only the first $10,000 will receive the match per charity. The gift must be a donation. Any goods and services received by the donor from their designated charity because of their donation is prohibited. The matching money for this program is derived from the proceeds of the RBC Heritage Presented by Boeing golf tournament. The HCF reserves the right to discontinue the match at any time.
Can I apportion my donation to different charities?
Participants may designate a registered charity to receive the donation with a maximum of two charities for each $1,000 donation. For example, Charity A may receive $900 and Charity B may receive $100.
Is there a specific open period for accepting donations and distributing them to the designated charities?
Donations for this program will be accepted year round however, only donations received from January 1st – December 1st. Donations must be postmarked by December 1st to be credited to the current year. All donations received after December 1st will be credited to the following year. All donations will be sent to your specified charity within 30 days of receipt of the donation. The matching money for this program is derived from the proceeds of the golf tournament and from the generosity of donors who make unrestricted donations directly to the HCF. The HCF reserves the right to discontinue the match at any time.
Registered Charity List
These registered charities raise money for their organizations using Heritage Classic Foundation matching programs.
- ABLE Foundation
- Aiken Jr. Sports Foundation
- All Saints Preschool
- Arts Center of Coastal Carolina
- Art League of Hilton Head
- Backpack Buddies/Hunger Coalition of HHI
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Columbia
- Bluffton Community Soup Kitchen
- Bluffton Jasper County Volunteers in Medicine
- Bluffton Self Help
- Boys & Girls Club of Bluffton
- Boys & Girls Club of Hilton Head Island
- Boys & Girls Club of Northern Beaufort County
- Boys & Girls Clubs of the Lowcountry
- Charleston Animal Society
- Christ Lutheran Preschool
- Coastal Discovery Museum
- Columbus H.O.P.E. Foundation
- Family Honor
- Family Promise of Beaufort County
- FCA-Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- Friends of the Hilton Head Library
- Girl Scouts of Eastern South Carolina
- Harvest Hope Food Bank
- HELP of Beaufort
- Heritage Classic Foundation
- Heritage Library
- Heroes of the Lowcountry
- Hilton Head Choral Society
- Hilton Head Dance Theatre
- Hilton Head Heroes
- Hilton Head Humane Association
- HHI High School Booster Club
- Hilton Head Island Safe Harbour
- Hilton Head Regional Habitat for Humanity
- Hilton Head Symphony Orchestra
- Hopeful Horizons
- Hospice Care of the Lowcountry
- John Paul 2 Booster Club
- Lean Ensemble Theater
- Lowcountry Crusaders
- Lowcountry Food Bank
- Lowcountry Legal Volunteers
- Marine Corp Scholarship Foundation
- Meals On Wheels
- Memory Matters
- Mental Health America of Beaufort/Jasper
- Mitchelville Preservation Project
- NAMI of the Lowcountry
- Neighborhood Outreach Connection
- Operation R & R
- Osprey Village
- Palmetto Animal League
- Palmetto Rowing Club
- Pan-African Family Empowerment & Land Preservation Network
- Pendleton Place
- People for Parks
- Pockets Full of Sunshine
- Port Royal Sound Foundation
- Pregnancy Center & Clinic
- Programs for Exceptional People
- Radiance Women’s Center
- Sandalwood Community Food Pantry
- Santa Elena Project Foundation
- Second Helpings
- Sea Pines Forest Preserve
- South Carolina Junior Golf Foundation
- South Carolina School for the Deaf & the Blind Foundation
- Special Olympics of South Carolina
- Technical College of the Lowcountry
- The Centers
- The Child Abuse Prevention Association
- The Children’s Center
- The Children’s Relief Fund
- The Deep Well Project
- The First Presbyterian Day School
- The First Tee of Aiken
- The First Tee of the Lowcountry
- The Junior Jazz Foundation
- The Literacy Center
- The Sandbox Children’s Museum
- Vantage Point Foundation
- Volunteers in Medicine-Hilton Head Island
- Women’s SC Jr Golf Foundation
- World Affairs Council of Hilton Head